Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Karen!!

So here I am in the beautiful state of Utah. I have come to wish my sister a happy birthday. After all, it's not everyday a girl turns 20 and leaves her teens behind.


I remember the day Karen was born. Mom called me to tell me I had a new baby sister. I was devastated. I wanted a brother!! It took a while to warm up to her since she ruined my dreams of a baby brother... but now I wouldn't change a hair on her head. I love her just the way she is.
Karen is so funny. She's been managing to slip her birthday into just about every conversation she's had since I got here on Saturday. With everyone. One of her classmates said she walked into class today and announced it to the class... Well, I certainly hope she enjoys it. I am very grateful to have a sister as wonderful as Karen. She is so smart, funny, and beautiful, and she rarely lets that go to her head. (Just kidding, Karen!!) We've enjoyed our weekend together. We spent part of Saturday at Temple Square. I got a few good pictures of Karen, her roommate Michelle, and her boyfriend Tyler. They're all good sports as you can see. They're quite tolerant of the crazy girl with the camera.














We planned to kidnap Karen and take her to breakfast this morning. It was the only way we could ensure she got her birthday waffles, but she ruined our plotting by working this morning. She got scheduled relatively last minute, and we expected her home an hour before she arrived. I guess the shift ran long. By the time she got home, there was no way we could take her to breakfast and get her to class on time. Michelle and I even waited for Karen to come home before eating, only to find out Karen had feasted at work!! I guess that's what we get for being sneaky. We're taking Karen out to dinner tonight, Tyler, Michelle, and I. We're still waiting for Karen to pick a restaurant. We've got another surprise for her, nothing spectacular, but she'll hopefully like it. Mom's in on it too, even though she's stuck out in Texas.



So, the birthday is only half over, so I'm sure I'll have more to report later. Karen's napping now (she had to get up at 5 am to be to work on time...), so I thought I'd take the time to give a little update. I hope you enjoy the few pics I've uploaded so far. There'll be much more when I get home to a computer with a photo program I actually understand.

2 comments:

Mar~ said...

Happy birthday Kare-bear!
I thought it was funny to see the Y right under the caption "Happy birthday Karen"
In my mind I read it, Happy birthday Karen, Y? (why?) hee, hee.
Glad you are there with karen for her bday.

the Rich girl said...

Thanks for coming.