Monday, March 5, 2012

What?!?!? Has it really been a year already???!!?!

One year ago today I married my Prince Charming.

I won't say that everything has been perfect, but it has been better than I imagined.  

Everyone says the first year is the most difficult.  Adam and I were talking about that the other day.  I guess being married and learning to live with someone else was harder for him than it was for me.  But he hid it well.  

Most of the time we have fun just being together.  Sometimes we are busy with work, school, and our ridiculous commutes.  (Fort Worth traffic bites....)  But we always try to take time to just be together.  

I guess the biggest adjustment for me has been realizing that somebody wants to spend time with me.  Even if we are busy with separate projects and can't really chat, Adam likes us to be together.  

Another thing that is weird/neat and will probably change as the years go by... We don't fight.  We disagree and we have misunderstandings.  We get frustrated and sometimes don't communicate like we should.  But we don't yell.  Adam is an incredibly patient person, and I've matured a bit over the years, so we both take a few minutes to think about what we want and what we are saying and then end up talking through our disagreement.  Most of the time we both want the same thing.  We just have different ways of expressing ourselves, or different ideas of how to reach the same goal.  
















This year has also introduced me to aunthood.  I know that marrying Adam made me an aunt to his nieces and nephews, but somehow, there is a different feeling when the baby is the child of your sister, or born after your marriage.  I am in LOVE with these two cuties.  I just have to figure out how I am going to groom them for their wedding in 25 or so years.  ;-)  Richie is on the left with the stuffed dog I gave him for Christmas... I know I am a nerd but I think it is so cute to see him play with a toy I gave him.  Brooklyn is on the right.  This little munchkin gets cuter everyday.  

It is so cute how attached Adam is to baby Brooklyn.  I love watching him with her.  (Of course then it makes my baby clock tick louder than ever.. )  

Being married to Adam has brought new adventures.  We started off on a honeymoon in California.  (AMAZING!!! I didn't want to come home.)  We then got to go to New Orleans.  We moved to Fort Worth (bad idea...), and we are going to Houston this week to celebrate our first year together.  He makes me watch movies I wouldn't on my own.  Which I mostly like.  And I've tried several new foods and even a few old ones I'd given up on.  I even eat hamburgers on occasion.  

All in all, it has been a wonderful year.  I am looking forward to the next one and all the ones that come after that.  

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so happy that you and Adam found each other. I think Adam is a terrific guy. Congratulations on your first year together.

the Rich girl said...

One year down, eternity to go! I miss Adam. Give him a big ol' smooch. But not from me, 'cause that would be gross.

Congratulations, you crazy kids!

Love you both!!

Rebel said...

AND Brooklyn loves her AUNT MARILYN! I'm glad you two are happy! :D

Mar~ said...

So happy you and the love of your life are doing well and enjoying married life! It is wonderful! I love you!