2012 has brought a lot of changes. Some are good and some are not so good. I am trying to count my blessings and stay positive. The truth is that I am very blessed.
Adam's birthday is this Saturday. I have been working on creating an album of our honeymoon photos. I took hundreds of pictures during our honeymoon. I went through and picked some of my favorites and then edited them. I most definitely did not inherit my aunt's amazing eye for photography, so I have to rely on some digital help.
These are a couple of my favorite shots. The one on the right is of the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas where we spent the night on our way to California. The one on the left is just before sunset on Huntington Beach.

Going through our honeymoon photos reminded me what an amazing time we had. We were so blissfully happy that week. Each picture reminds me of how I felt at that time. It was so comfortable being Adam's wife. I was so nervous and stressed in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Suddenly, we were married and it was as if we had always been together. I felt like I had found my missing piece and I was finally whole.
Every time I see a picture of Adam I am reminded of how much I love him. I am so grateful to have him in my life.
For Christmas this year, I attempted to draw sketches of my nephew Richie and my niece Brooklyn for their parents. I haven't drawn anything in years, and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I think that is what made me miss writing. I enjoy the creative process. I like the feeling of making something.
I don't particularly care for the cliche of making a new year's resolution, but I do think I'd like to give myself a challenge. I think a good challenge for me is to focus on my creativity and give myself outlets. Whether I start sketching or writing or both, I need to express myself more.

3 comments:
I'm so glad you're back Marilyn! I always enjoy reading what you have to say.
WOOHOO!! You are back! (I hope for a very, very long time).
Love to read what you write.
Love you,
I still am dizzy from surprise! I can't believe I didn't know that about you (skilled artistry). While we enjoy everyone's gifts ad thoughtfullness at Christmas, You're gift this Christmas was the only one that brought tears to my eyes! Thanks again
Post a Comment