
Saturday September 6 was my Aunt Mar's birthday. She says it's the best day of the year. I suppose I can let that slide... It was a pretty great day after all.
My aunt's name is Marilyn (I know isn't it the best name ever?) just like me. Or should I say my name is like hers? We call her Mar because when I was very very little I apparently didn't like sharing my name. I remember being shocked when I first heard this story. After all, who wouldn't want to share her name with such a cool aunt? Anyway, supposedly I would cry and refuse to even go to Aunt Mar if anyone called her Marilyn. Once they started calling her Mar, I was fine and decided we could be buds. The name stuck. It's ironic that Mar has sort of turned out to be my nickname too. My family (except Karen) doesn't call me Mar, because it's confusing enough as it is, but most of my friends do. I guess I'm finally mature enough to let the name sharing slide too...
But back to the real reason for this post: To wish my aunt a totally awesome birthday!! (I guess I'm not over the hairspray fumes yet...)
Aunt Mar, I hope you enjoyed "the best day of they year". I know I did, even though I didn't get to spend it with you. I want you to know I am so happy we share the same name. My name reminds me of who I am, where I come from, and what kind of woman I want to become. I've been copying you ever since I can remember. My little private joke has been that I want to be so much like you I even developed the same allergies. I love you so much and I am so incredibly grateful for you and your family and how much love and support you have given me these last few years. Especially this last year. I couldn't have made it this far this fast without you.
See you on the 2nd best day of the year!!
Oh yeah, and thanks for letting me steal some of your pictures!!
2 comments:
If someone lets you steal something, then aren't they giving it to you??
And I agree. Aunt Mar is also one of my role models. I just think the world of her. And I hope that one day I can grow up to be just like her. (Though... can we say that she has truly grown up? We all know that she just likes to have fun.)
Every now and again, people tell me that I look like Kirsten Dunst. Which is nice, I guess. But my favorite compliment, is hearing from relatives how much I remind them of my favorite aunt. Now that, my friend, is a compliment!
Okay, okay girls, you are both too darn nice! I came here to see if Marilyn stole her picture from my blog yet...or rather took it by way of my permission. BTW, you both always have my permission to steal, I mean borrow, anything at all from me! Love you girls!
Thanks Marilyn for the really sweet write up!
Post a Comment