Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Guess Who's Going to College...

Me!!!

I am registered and enrolled and starting on February 3rd. Crazy, huh?

I filled out an online form for Kaplan University giving them permission to contact me with info about their legal studies program last Monday. By Thursday everything was finished. It was all so fast, I'm still reeling. But I guess that's a good thing, because if I'd had the time to think about what I was doing, I probably would have talked myself out of it. I'm terrified!! I haven't been in school for ages. But I'm excited to start learning again. I like the growing process that comes from education.

I'm not planning on becoming a lawyer. No way. But I do like the idea of becoming the girl behind the curtain. I'm thinking of being a paralegal or legal assistant/secretary. Something where I'll be helping people.

Just thought I'd share the latest news in the Adventures of Marilyn!! Wish me luck, because I seriously need it!!

2 comments:

Mar~ said...

SO HAPPY for you!
This is exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!
BTW, when you said the woman behind the curtain...I thought, ya... or GAVEL! How about Judge Marilyn?! :)
Love you.

Jamie said...

that's awesome mar! good luck!