Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good news and bad news


My dress and shoes finally arrived!  I had to try on the dress with the shoes... Of course I did.  I want to put that dress on everyday.  I'm tempted to try it on right now as a matter of fact.  Anyway, the shoes are awesome with the dress and tall enough that I do not have to have the dress hemmed.  Huge bonus!!  However, I am not used to heels that tall so I will need to practice wearing them a lot.

On that note, I can't really wear them right now.  I ran over my foot with the vault door.  What looked like a nasty scrape has turned out a little worse.  No actual nerve damage but I've inflamed or irritated the nerves as the doctor put it.  I have to stay off my foot as much as possible and keep it elevated to relieve the pressure on my nerves.  He thinks there will be no permanent damage but it will be 3-4 months before I'm back to normal.  I don't have a few months!!  I need to be able to wear those heels in time for dress fittings!! AAAGGGHHHH!!!!

Do you want to see the rather icky pic of my foot?  I'll post it if you really want but it's kind of gross.  

3 comments:

Jamie said...

how exciting that your dress and shoes arrived! i'm so happy for you! the shoes are gorgeous! that stinks about your foot though, i hope it heals quickly!

Grandma Honey said...

Those shoes are beyond cute. I love them! Yes, go ahead and post the foot picture. I can handle it. I've been through sprained ankles and broken feet. You poor thing..what a time for this to happen!

Mar~ said...

Love the shoes!

Sorry about your foot!