Friday, June 3, 2011

Swamp Tour

This past week found us in New Orleans, LA.  We were visiting Adam's grandparents and his parents and sister Christy and her family came too.  We had a great time.  I have so many pictures since we were pretty much go go go all the time.  But we enjoyed a swamp tour where we got to watch alligator feedings and even got to hold a baby alligator.  Now I kinda want one....







Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought the guide said his family had been doing this for 3 generations.  Our guide takes in alligators as rescues and lets them live on his swamp.  He pretty much leaves them alone except they know his voice and when he comes he brings chicken and marshmallows.  So the gators are very interested in the boats which is fun because then you actually get to see them.



This is Christy's son Parker with the baby alligator.  I caught him before he could say "no cheese!"  He does not like having his picture taken.  But he is so cute!!










Christy took a picture of me with the baby alligator.  Thanks for sharing, Christy!!





2 comments:

the Rich girl said...

You look so at home in a swamp. :)

No, but you really do look so happy. I'm glad to see that you had such a good vacation with your in-laws!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip. Hop eyou guys get to go on lots of them! great way to start a new marriage.. road trips!