Many people often ask me what sets my religion apart from other Christian churches. One of the most amazing differences is that we follow a living prophet who guides us through inspiration from our Heavenly Father.
When I was about 12 years old, Gordon B Hinckley was called as the president and prophet of our church. I have spent most of my life lucky enough to listen to his council and enjoy his sermons. Sadly, he passed away today.

President Hinckley was so amazing. He was so intelligent and kind, and had a wonderful sense of humor. Even though I usually only saw him via satellite, I could always feel a glorious spirit and had the sense I was kneeling at his feet as he taught the gospel. He seemed to glow. I felt as if I knew him like a grandfather, and I feel as if I've lost a dear family member. I will always remember him as my prophet since I have such a hazy memory of the three previous prophets we've had during my life time.
President Hinckley, thank you for your inspiration and guidance. I could feel how m
uch you loved the people you led. I am so grateful that you made the choices in your life that allowed you to become the president of our church. I benefited greatly from your lessons. I know you are in Heaven with your wife and family that have gone on before. I know you are with Heavenly Father and beginning your new calling assisting God's children to return to their home in Heaven. I cannot wait for the day I will get to meet you and thank you in person. I love you.Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment