Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Wonderfully Awesome Family


I would like to take the opportunity to say how much I love my family. I have always known I came from good people, and they just continue to prove it. I have been so amazed by how supportive my family has been as I have been struggling lately. I never doubted that they loved me; I just never realized how much they loved me. It feels so strangely wonderful to know how much they care for me.

I don't get to hear from my grandparents too often. I really miss them when I can't see them or talk to them as I'd like to. But they are always watching out for me, and my Grandma has a way of calling just when I need her to. She called yesterday with an offer that would rescue me from one of my recent divorce-related dramas. I know that my grandparents are concerned about me and I love that they care enough to offer their assistance. They rush to my defense and always have so much wisdom to share. They are very inspired in what they do and say. I recently found a letter I received from them many years ago that told me exactly what I needed to hear today. I appreciated the letter when I received it, but I treasure it now, knowing it was sent by inspiration and saved for the day when I would really need it. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for everything you do for me and for the rest of the family. I love you both so much. Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit last spring and posed on Dad's bike.

Even though my parents are no longer together, they each in their own way love me. I have really appreciated their words of wisdom and comfort.

And I have Karen and her friend providing daily entertainment. That's Karen on the left.

My Aunt Mar is also full of wisdom and fun distractions.

I am so grateful to have my wonderful family. I don't know how I could survive this trial without them. I thank my Heavenly Father for them daily. It's funny how I feel like I've hit rock bottom
, but at the same time, I've never felt more blessed.

2 comments:

the Rich girl said...

I think that you mislabeled the picture. Karen and friends.
Love you.

Mar~ said...

What a very nice entry!
We all love you very much! You are absolutely and completely a lovable gal!
You have always been loved Marilyn. Please know that.
Aunt Mar~