"In recognition of your outstanding achievements, which will have a long-lasting effect on [my bank]. This certificate is presented for ranking in the top range within your Market in the Breakthrough Performance Plan. Thank you for your dedication, and effort toward the Breakthrough Performance Plan and for living the [my bank's] Spirit each and every day."
Tonight I received my award for my 3rd quarter performance. My dad was kind enough to spend the evening with me and my regional managers. We were treated to dinner at Blue Mesa Grill Cafe in Southlake. My dinner was great (until the server dropped my Dr Pepper in it!!). I got to know a new teller who works in Colleyville and I got to see a more personal side of my regional managers.
Plus I got a gorgeous award I can put on my desk and a plaque to keep at home!!
Me with my regional managers:
Steve (the big boss), me, Katrina, and Jeff.
Thanks, Dad, for coming. It meant so much to me to have you there!!
I also owe a big thank you to my manager, Matt. He wasn't able to attend tonight (and it wasn't like it was a celebration just for me. There were at least 25 others being recognized). Just four months ago (really only 4 months? It feels like 4 years...) I was struggling desperately to save my job. I worked at a different branch with a vastly different manager. The guy was a jerk to put it nicely. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do anything right. With my personal life in shambles and a new, uncaring manager, the stress level was overwhelming me. My job was on the line. Luckily, Matt decided to give me a chance. He saw in me what my prior manager refused to (or maybe Matt was just desperate to fill a vacant position at his branch). I can promise you I don't do anything different at this branch. I am just in a better environment. I now work in a place where my quirks make me funny instead of weird. I am given the time I need to finish my tasks and am allowed to learn other aspects of banking. I am allowed to speak my mind without fear of retaliation. (Though I rarely have anything negative to say, so why would Matt get mad at me?) My integrity is never questioned or tested. I feel like I am respected. I come to work and leave happy each day. It's been so freeing to work at my new branch. And look at me now. One quarter I'm just this side of getting fired, and the next, I'm right on top.
4 comments:
I'm so proud of you! AND you look so cute!!
AND I love how you won't type the name of your bank, but yet it is clear in your plaque-picture.
ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! (Till we can hang out!! And play! And see the King Tut exhibit!!) YAY!!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
There, Karen. Is that better?
WOOHOO!
Isn't it wonderful to feel valued?
Imagine that, feeling "value-d" at the BANK!
Love you,
Aunt Mar~
Post a Comment