So the weekend didn't start out so hot. I've had a migraine for two weeks and it was so bad I couldn't even get out of bed on Friday. But I got adjusted by my chiropractor Friday night and felt well enough to join my friend Kaycee for breakfast/dinner that night at Waffle House. For those of you who have never been there, go now. I'm serious. Stop reading my blog and get in your car and drive to the nearest Waffle House. Order a waffle and a side of hashbrowns (with whatever mix-ins float your boat) and you will understand.
I had to work Saturday, which was Valentine's Day. It was terrible. I didn't mind working the holiday, it's not like I have a valentine or anything, but our customers were incredibly cranky and rude. I even got threatened when I tried to kick a lady out of the banking center! But that night I went go-cart racing with Kaycee and her cousin Adam and some of their family/friends. We got through one race (which was awesome--I'd never done it before) and it started raining. So the workers gave us game tokens as a refund. So we stayed and played games and had a blast. We ate dinner at Chili's afterward where I spend the evening talking to Adam and three teenage boys. You would think that would be weird, but it wasn't. It was actually fun. They respected the fact that I was a girl eating dinner and for the most part kept the conversation un-yucky.
Sunday my migraine returned (but I have an appointment with my chiropractor in half an hour), but I enjoyed church and the potluck after. Then I enjoyed game night at Alicia and Deborah's (we call them Deblicia) with Alicia, Deborah, Robert (Alicia's boyfriend), Jacob (Deborah's boyfriend), Amber, Michael, Patrick, Morgan, Jared, Kaycee, Adam, and me. We played Catchphrase, The Brain Game, Taboo, and watched a couple hilarious home-made videos of Alicia's brother.
Today is JJ and Marilyn adventure day, and I am totally stoked!!
2 comments:
i have to admit, i haven't ever been to the waffle house! but have heard great things about it!
so glad you have had such a nice weekend!
get better migraine-girl!
Post a Comment