Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My first Happy Birthday Shout Out!!



Every once in a while, a person may find themselves lucky enough to cross paths with an angel on earth. I have been feeling recently like I have been blessed enough to be related to a whole family of them. Today is a very special day for my darling cousin Emily. Today she turns 15.

Emily, I don't think I have words to express how I feel about you. I have always felt that you are a special young woman, who somehow radiates peace, joy, and happiness. You are an incredible example to me. I have worried about you and your brother, knowing what you could learn of the world as you enter high school. But I have learned especially in the last few months not only how strongly rooted in your faith you are (I can see it in your eyes), but how your spirit touches those around you. I know you will have a profound impact on those you meet, brightening their lives, as they get to know you. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your life. I love every minute I have been lucky enough to share with you.










Emily has grown from an absolutely adorable (and extremely precocious) little girl into one of the most lovely young women I know. And how can she not? What can I say, it's in our genes!!

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

Oh my goodness, Marilyn!
What a beautiful tribute to my sweet girl!
My eyes welled up with tears as I read the thoughts that you have about her. I will have to share this with her. She loves you so much and looks up to you. Thank you for your friendship and love for our family. Thank you for seeing the good in our kids.
You are so wonderful!