Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Little Early Halloween Celebration

Today I got to spend the evening with my Aunt Mar and her family. Their ward was having its annual Trunk or Treat for the kids, and I was supposed to come. I misunderstood the date, and thought I couldn't go. I found out about a half hour before it started that I could go, but it was in Frisco, and I live in Flower Mound, and I was totally unprepared to go anywhere. So I threw on some clothes and make-up and ran out the door. I thought I'd miss the dinner, but get to see the kids go from car to car for the trick or treating. For some odd reason, traffic just past The Colony going into Frisco was just about at a stand still until my turn off. Lucky me!! Anyway, I got to the Trunk or Treat just in time for people to start leaving!! I did, however, get to spend some time with my aunt, uncle and cousins. They invited some friends over to play Imaginiff. We had a blast with the Tolberts and their cute girls. I knew Br. Tolbert from when I was a teenager, so it was easy to relax and enjoy the evening.

My Aunt's family tradition is to make her children's costumes. Nathan had to work, so I didn't get to see him dress up, but Emily went as a cleaning lady, Megan was her basket of dirty laundry, and Ashton was a washing machine. That's right, a washing machine. My aunt is so creative and clever. They all turned out so cute!!

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

You are so good to get these pictures and post up so quickly!

Thanks for making the effort to come and visit and join in a little fun.

Love you,

Aunt Mar~