Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saturday and Sunday

Sorry I missed my gratitude posting yesterday. I came into some really bad news, and I just couldn't find it in me to be grateful for anything.

But now I am grateful for that news. It has given me the opportunity to enlighten someone who was lacking some very vital information. She now has the ability to make her decisions with a full knowledge of what she is getting herself into. I am also grateful to understand her better. She's made some situations in my life make more sense. What I learned still hurts, more deeply than I thought was still possible, but it just might help me to start healing.

Today I am grateful for good music. I especially love Christmas music, as it seems the whole world is suddenly in tune (no pun intended) with the knowledge that Christ is their Savior. On the way to church, I was listening to the album 'Wintersong' by Sarah McLachlan. One of her songs was asking what could she have given the baby Jesus, and she answers herself, "I will give my heart". That line really touched me.

1 comment:

Mar~ said...

How are you doing now? I hope a lot better. I am so sorry that this news has been so hurtful and painful to you.
You are so beautiful, kind and loving.
Love you,
Aunt Mar~