Friday, November 14, 2008

Have I Told You Lately How Much I Love My Job?

Today, I am grateful for my job. It isn't always great, but I'm usually happy at my new branch. I may have already used this as a gratitude post, but I have to do it again. I've got something else to be grateful for.

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, you know how bad things were for me over the summer. For those of you who don't know, I was in a bad position with a bad manager and days away from getting fired. The manager had decided he didn't like me since I refused to follow some unethical practises and painted me to look like a very poor employee. To be fair, I was struggling with my sales. Anyway, I had been asking to be transferred to another position for several months before this new manager came in and nearly ruined my career, and just when the firing was imminent, the transfer went through. I have been so blessed and happy ever since.

And now, just two and a half months later, I have been put on notice again. But this time, it's good news. On December 11, 2008, I will be receiving an Award of Excellence. When I read the email this morning, I thought there must have been some mistake. I even went to my new (and much better) manager to ask him if he could double check for me. It was no mistake.

So I guess what I am really grateful for is having a manager who not only follows ethical bank practises himself, but respects my standards too. And it is nice he would find me worthy of this award. (I'm not really sure how it works, I thought your manager had to nominate you, but I was told by a co-worker today that the region nominates you and your manager approves it. I don't know, but I know he's involved.)

I am also grateful that I know the Lord is watching out for me. He has placed me in a position where I can flourish, and that makes me very happy.

1 comment:

the Rich girl said...

Wow. Marilyn! That is fantastic!!
Look at the Rich girls-- We are awesome!!!!!!
Congrats, cute girl!! You deserve it!