Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! I had a good day and I hope all of you did as well. I spent my day making blackberry and pumpkin pies. The blackberry was for my dad and turned out even better than last year, and the pumpkin was for my mom.
Mom and I had dinner together and it was fabulous as always. Nobody can make turkey or stuffing quite like my mom. Then I went to Dad's to hang out for a couple of hours.
We watched Kung Fu Panda which was super cute. I hadn't seen it before but I wanted to. Then, we got to play Guitar Hero on the Wii. I've never played Guitar Hero before but it was a blast!! I played with Dad and Fallon and after I got the hang of it, I was doing fairly well. Of course I kept myself on the easy level...
I also got to spend some time talking with my aunt and my grandma. I always enjoy chatting with my aunt, but I rarely get to talk with Grandma. Since our conversations are few, I always have a lot to catch her up on about my life. I was thinking after I got off the phone how much I cherish our talks. Not only does Grandma give good advice, but she usually lifts me up and always tells me how proud she is of me. The thing I like best about catching her up though, is that it reminds me of all my blessings. I have been so blessed to have come so far in just a few short months. I don't always recognize the Lord's hand in my life, but I could not have recovered so much so quickly on my own. Talking with Grandma not only recaps my life for her, but it recaps my blessings for me.
1 comment:
glad to hear you had such a nice day. sounds like you have a really neat grandma. oh, and kody and i played guitar hero for the first time yesterday too. my sisters are SO much better than us! we have lots of practicing to do. and i kept myself on the easy level too! : )
Post a Comment