Part One
I was given two tickets to the Dallas Mavericks game last night. It was totally last minute but I was super grateful that one of the bank customers would think of me when he had tickets to give away.
I had actually decided I wanted to ask a guy out. Yes there is a particular guy... I wanted to ask him to something that would be a fun, no pressure kind of date where I could get to know him a little and see if we could even be friends. I decided to pray for an opportunity to ask him out. I know I sound like a dork but the idea of dating TERRIFIES me. So, when I was given the tickets, I immediately knew I needed to call this guy. Trouble was, I didn't have his phone number...
So I emailed him. No response. I figured he was busy or wouldn't get the email in time or didn't want to go, so I started calling other people. No one wanted to go!! Not even my own parents!! I started offering them up to couples I knew. Since no one wanted to go with me, maybe they'd want to go with their boyfriend. Still, no takers. Finally I admitted to a very close friend my original plan. She happened to have the phone number to THE GUY.
So I called him. I left a message and he called back almost right away. He couldn't go. It was pretty late by this time and he had plans to go out with some friends to a movie. I ended up not going to the game and stayed home with my puppies. I watched NCIS and finished my laundry. I was a little sad I couldn't find anyone to go with me, but I wasn't sad THE GUY said no. I wasn't scared to call him either. I think it was because I had been asking for the opportunity and I jumped when the opportunity presented itself. And, even though it turned out as a no last night, it may not be no in the future....
Part Two
I went to FHE on Monday night. We had "Kindergarten Thanksgiving" which was pretty cute and fun. They served mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets and we made brown bag vests and/or Indian headdresses so we could be either pilgrims or Indians. I even got talked into staying and playing volleyball. (Which was really me just standing in my place, ducking and screaming if the ball came toward me...)
Anyway, my friend Kristi was there, and we really haven't had a chance to hang out since she's been back except for at church. So I mentioned to her that we needed to get together. She told me, perfect, I could come with her to karaoke night on Wednesday (that would be tonight). So even though I had no intention whatsoever of singing karaoke, I said I would go so I could hang out with Kristi and some of the others from the ward.
So I showed up at Sneaky Pete's tonight for karaoke. Guess who else was there. Yep, that's right, it was THE GUY. And somehow, there just happened to be an open seat right next to him. I don't know how Kristi pulled that off, and I am very sure it wasn't planned because I haven't told her about my little crush. Then again, I am an open book. Maybe she already knew. We ended up moving tables to get better seats and so I sat across from him. We chatted a bit but it was hard because the place was so loud. Plus there were other people I wanted to talk to. I don't want this guy to know I like him. And, Kristi brought another friend I really like whom I haven't really gotten to see since before I was married. So I spent a lot of time talking to her. We all had a lot of fun, but then other patrons began to get drunk and very strange so our group decided to leave.
He had earlier asked me how I enjoyed the Mavs game. Since Kristi and the others were listening I gave him a hard time (not too hard a time) about me not being able to go since he wanted to go to a $0.50 movie versus a free Mavericks' game. As we were walking to our cars, he said, "Seriously, Marilyn, if you get tickets again, I'd really like to go." So whether that means he's interested in me because I might have a connection to Mavs tickets or because I am cute and fun, I don't really know or care. Maybe it's a little of both.
But I am grateful that I went out tonight even though I didn't really feel like it. I am grateful Kristi would think to invite me when she makes plans. And I am grateful that I went ahead and called THE GUY last night even though I was sure he would say no. It all worked out in the end.
1 comment:
Holy snap, you bold girl~! Check you out! That takes guts!
I am very proud of you.
Post a Comment